Can’t create, edit, or delete rules for a compliance policy in System Center Configuration Manager version 1606
This hotfix is available for installation in the Updates and Servicing node of the Configuration Manager console for version 1606.
On the Specify the rules for a compliant device page of the Create Compliance Policy Wizard, you discover that the buttons to create, edit, and delete rules are unavailable (appear dimmed). This issue occurs after you upgrade from System Center Configuration Manager version 1602 to version 1606. Additionally, you cannot add a rule that uses the “Network firewall on” condition to an existing compliance policy.
The English version of this update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time
item in Control Panel.
For System Center Configuration Manager version 1606
More info about the fix can be found here.
This hotfix is available for installation in the Updates and Servicing node of the Configuration Manager console for environments that were installed by using Technology Adoption Program (TAP) or early wave (Fast Ring) builds of version 1606 before August 3, 2016.
Administrators who opted-in to the early wave deployment for System Center Configuration Manager current branch, version 1606, have an update available in the Updates and Servicing node of the Configuration Manager console. This update was made available on August 5, 2016, and it addresses critical, late-breaking issues that were discovered during the final release process for version 1606. It does not apply to sites that update or install version 1606 after August 3, 2016
Issues that are fixed
- When you select the Update all clients in the hierarchy using production client option on the Client Upgrade tab of Hierarchy Settings Properties, an exception occurs. The exception details resemble the following:
ConfigMgr Error Object:
instance of SMS_ExtendedStatus
Description = “Failed to save current auto-update configuration”
ErrorCode = 2147500037
- 3174008 Software update installation freezes on System Center Configuration Manager clients
- The Production and Preproduction Client Deployment dashboards show inaccurate client counts.
- The Device Compliance section of the Software Center application may incorrectly show a state of Compliant. This affects only the user interface and not the actual compliance state of the device.
- After you upgrade a site to version 1606, the Service Connection Point incorrectly shows an error state that indicates the role is not available. If the Service Connection Point is already showing this error state, the following additional steps are required after you install this update:
- Change the Availability State registry value from 1 to 4 under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SMS\Operations Management\SMS Server Role\SMS Dmp Connector.
- Restart the SMS Executive service on the site server.
- The SMS Agent Host (ccmexec.exe) process consumes excessive CPU resources on Pull Distribution Points after you update to version 1606.
- When you distribute a software update package that contains many updates (500 or more) to a Pull Distribution Point, the SMS Agent Host process (ccmexec.exe) stops responding. On examination, the ccmexec.exe thread count, as seen through Task Manager or other tools, shows that approximately 512 threads that are used.